Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
STEVE BELL STEVE BELL is offline

Default Excell Newbie Quesion Please Help

If you use 930 than 1000 - 930 = 70

9:30 is equivalent to 9.5

Got to be careful when converting hh:mm to numbers
0:06 equals 0.1
0:15 equals 0.25

I have an involved Change macro in one of my sheets that transforms these
numbers
930 becomes 9:30 AM
2130 becomes 9:30 PM

Let me know if you are interested...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"KeyWest JetSki" wrote in message
Thanks all

One other what about this time frame

930 2000 I get 10.70 I thought it would be 10.5

I used this one
Start | End | Hours Worked
800 | 1500 | =(B2-A2)/100

any ideas?

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Also:

If A1 = start time
B1 = stop time
C1 = Total time

Use Ctrl + Shift + ;
This will enter the current time in a cell

Do this in A1 at the beginning of the shift
And do this in B1 at the end of the shift
(these can be edited after)

In C1 = B1-A1
format as hh:mm

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"KeyWest JetSki" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I track employees hours worked I would like to
have it total the number of hours for each day in a cell.

example they worked from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM total hours is 7

In my cell I enter 800-1500 and manually count the number of hours for
each day.

Anyway to do this in a formula?

Thanks

Tom