Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Help w/Protecting a Pivot Table through many unique passwords

There's no reliable way to prevent users from seeing data in an Excel
file. Perhaps you could create a macro that sends each store's data to a
separate workbook, and creates a pivot table from that data.

NicoleHKeller wrote:
I have individual data for 1000+ stores. The data is sensitive and cannot be
shared among all users. The quickest way to get this data to the stores is
with a Pivot Table, but I'm trying to give each store manager the option to
see his/her own store data without the ability to see any other store's data.

Can this be done? ...either through a username/password entry when the
workbook is opened or by validating a password when they enter their store
number?

TIA,
Nicole

--