Lynn Bales

Worked like a charm, except I didn't notice blank rows between each employee.
Is there a way to delete blank rows easily? I know these are basic questions
I'm just new to using the app. Thanks so much!

"RagDyeR" wrote:

If your data is exactly as the example you posted, try this old trick:

Select the column of employee ID's, then:

Hit F5
Click "Special"
Click "Blanks"
Then <OK
Type the Equal (=) sign
Hit the UpArrow
Hit <Ctrl <Enter
--

HTH,

RD

"Lynn Bales" <Lynn wrote in message
I have two columns one with a single employee id and the second column is
the
employee name for several rows something like this:

1234 John Doe
John Doe
John Doe
3456 Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Jane Doe

How do I move the employee number down to coincide with its name and then
start the next employee and do the same thing without manually copying and
pasting.