Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AA2e72E AA2e72E is offline

Default Can I use CreateObject for Windows Explorer?

As an alternative, perhaps:

ie.visible = true
ie.Navigate2 "c:\"

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

The OP asked about windows explorer and you responded with information on
Internet Explorer - were you suggesting Internet Explore as an
alternative/replacement for windows explorer?

Tom Ogilvy

"AA2e72E" wrote in message
You can create aninstance of Internet Explorer as follows:

set ie= CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

It has te following methods :

ExecWB, Navigate2, QueryStatusWB,ShowBrowserBar

and the following properties:

AddressBar,Offline, ReadyState,RegisterAsBrowser,RegisterAsDropTarget,
Resizable,Silent,TheaterMode

There are no events.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Dave,

I would have thought that the window explorer does not support

automation,
so CreateObject is not an option.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave F." wrote in message
Hi
I'm using VBA

At the moment to open windows explorer I'm using:

Shell "c:\winNT\explorer /n,/e,"

Is there a way to use CreateObject?

Would that be a better way or is Shell as good as it gets?

Thanks

Dave F.