Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default WHAT COMBINATION OF A SET OF NUMBERS COMES CLOSEST TO A FIXED NUMB

Red,

It is impossible to add 6 digit numbers to get to 100,000, which is the
lowest possible 6 digit number. Perhaps you have mis-stated your problem.

(And, no need to type in CAPS - it's hard to read....)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"RED" wrote in message
I HAVE A GROUP OF 14 TO 20 6 DIGIT NUMBERS ALL POSITIVE.I NEED TO FIND THE
RIGHT SET OF OF NUMBERS FROM THIS GROUP THAT WILL ADD UP THE CLOSEST TO
100,000 WITHOUT GOING UNDER.