Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default run an add-in from a macro

Jurgen,

I don't understand what you are trying to find out. If you have this little
knowledge of xla's, what prompted you to enter this forum and ask the
question? Or to put it another way, what is the problem that you are
experiencing (not the question you originally asked, but the problem that
made you ask).

--

HTH

RP

"JurgenBrea" wrote in message ...
any idea how I can see what the proc is called? I tried opening the xla
file, but nothing appears to open. Lots of questions I know, but I've

NEVER
worked with xla's before....

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
myProc would be the name of the procedure within the add-in that you

want
run.

--

HTH

RP

"JurgenBrea" wrote in message
I think I do mean that, yes! Though I'm apparently doing something
wrong.... this is what I have in the macro:
Range("D110:F135").Select
AddIns("Flat File Exporter").Installed = False 'for some reason

this
add-in needs to be disabled then re-enabled for it to work
AddIns("Flat File Exporter").Installed = True
Application.Run "c:\analysis dump\flatfile.xla!export"

I wasn't sure what you meant by myProc, so took a guess - the add-in

exports
files, and it's done by clicking data|export.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Jurgen,

Do you mean?

Application.Run "myAddin.xla!myProc"

... with parameters

Application.Run "myAddin.xla!myProc", 4, 8

--

HTH

RP

"JurgenBrea" wrote in message
can anyone tell me what I need to do to get an xla add-in to run

from
macro? I tried recording it, but it came up blank.