Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michelle K Michelle K is offline

Default VB Code stops working

PERFECT!

Thanks so much!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

I think your logic is wrong. You should be using OR instead of AND. AND
would require that the user had the wrong number in every one of the cells
that you check. OR would stop closing if any cell that you checked did not
meet the criteria.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michelle K" wrote in message
Thanks Tom.

It's a survey that lets you rate performance from 1-5 and importance from
1-5 as well. At the end of each section, we want users to have 3 items

with
a rating of 5, 2 items with a rating of 4 and so on. I am not the idea
behind the requirements. I am just writing the code for a committee here

at
work. So what i did was to add radio buttons and then tallied how many

were
5's, etc at the bottom of each section (Rows 27, 42 and 57).

Let me check my logic and see how it goes. If you think of anything else,
please let me know. It's one of the big boss' pet projects. :(

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

There are so many conditions in your code that is has to meet to do
anything, it would not be surprising that all the conditions are not

met.
(You may actually have a logic error and you are not checking what you

think
you are checking). There must be an easier check you can perform, but I
have no knowledge of what you are doing, so I can't suggest anything
specific. I would think the worksheet functions countif or sumif might

be
able to play a roll here.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michelle K" wrote in message
I added a message box into the top of the code and it worked -

meaning, it
is
reading the code. How come then that it isn't evaluating the

condition
anymore?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If events are disabled, your second procedure will never get

triggered.

Are you sure it doesn't run. Perhaps the condition doesn't warrant

message box?

Try putting in a msgbox at the top (temporarily

MsgBox "In workbook Close"

If (Range("C27") < 3 And Range("D27") < 2 And Range("E27") < 1

And
Range("F27") < 2 And Range("G27") < 3 _
And Range("I27") < 3 And Range("J27") < 2 And Range("K27") < 1

And
Range("L27") < 2 And Range("M27") < 3 _
And Range("C42") < 2 And Range("D42") < 2 And Range("E42") < 1

And
Range("F42") < 2 And Range("G42") < 2 _
And Range("I42") < 2 And Range("J42") < 2 And Range("K42") < 1

And
Range("L42") < 2 And Range("M42") < 2 _
And Range("C57") < 2 And Range("D57") < 2 And Range("E57") < 1

And
Range("F57") < 2 And Range("G57") < 2 _
And Range("I57") < 2 And Range("J57") < 2 And Range("K57") < 1

And
Range("L57") < 2 And Range("M57") < 2) Then
MsgBox "You must complete the survey before closing." _
& " Please note the number of selections required per action.",
vbExclamation, "CANNOT CLOSE"
Cancel = True

You will need to save the workbook to retain the code modification.
Tom Ogilvy

"Michelle K" wrote in message
I tried adding these lines but they don't seem to be working:

Public Sub ResetEvents()

Application.EnableEvents = True

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

I am sure I am missing something or have written these under the

wrong
events. Help!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Do you have other event related code where you disable events

Application.EnableEvents = False

It sounds like events are getting disabled and never reenabled.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michelle K" wrote in

message
Here is the code:

[...]

it's a simple code that just prevents the user from closing

Excel
without
answering the survey accordingly. It runs once and after that

it
doesn't
anymore.

"K Dales" wrote:

Can you post your code? Hard to know without seeing it.

"Michelle K" wrote:

I have a survey form where users can rate corporate
performance.
It
is made
up of radio buttons to rank efficiency. i designed it to
prevent
closing and
printing if the answers are too skewed (we need 3 5's, 2

4'2 ,
etc)
It works
fine the first time you open the file. However, if you

change
your
answers
(say, rated it 4 and then want to change the rating to 3),

the
code
stops
working.

Why is this? How can I solve this issue?

Thanks so much,
Michelle K