Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,alt.smokers.pipes,rec.martial-arts,rec.arts.tv,talk.abortion
Chas Chas is offline

Default Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good

"Mark Goldberg" wrote
That is not the context of proselytizing- it is the context of spamming,
selfishness, etc, and the christian message has no connection to the
action, since he leaves a recorded message that has no personal
involvement, except he he has to ignore it, or turn it off, is forced to
do so.

That's an interesting perspective- but it's not shared by everyone. He
doesn't have to comport himself to your standards, only to his own.
Think of it as a Tibetan prayer wheel- what is the act of piety; the turning
of the wheel, or the scraping of the wheel on the prayer written on the
paper?

And it it was ten times more prevalent you'd then scream and realize that
it was essentially removing your right to listen to ideas, because there'd
be nothing but antispamming actions in your surfing, which is neither
pleasant, nor hospitable, and nothing of christian charity.

but it's not- and we're not near short of electrons, Mark.
This guy hasn't intruded upon you at all- if you don't block him,
recognizing his name is enough to ignore him. He simply doesn't confront
anything; it's like hearing a commercial jingle; meaningless noise.

Do you live in an ethnic/gated/exclusive enclave of some sort?

Here Chas, here on this newsgroup.

There's a constant stream of anti-christian invective here- far less
positive than negative or, more often, abusive.
there's always room for the contrary view.

And I, who hate conspiracy nods, have to admit... this would be one way to
get people to genuinely resent Christian religion, which is why I think
it's absurd to connect his spamming, his uncharitable sharing, his lack of
any personal fighting for those beliefs, mano a mano, which is what makes
the proselyte put his commitment on the line, with this blowhards
'spamming,' as excusable under that rubric of genuine proselytizing- which
is entirely different that what he is engaging here.

Oh poop- your agenda against 'spamming' can't be that obsessive, can it?
And why would you want to make 'proscelitzing' an adversarial event- except
for the fact that adversarial debate is a fixture of judaism, and
proscelytizing isn't?

Hence my concern for Christians who's beliefs and efforts are besmirched
by his actions.

Nah; he's the least of our embarrassments.

Chas