Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_3_] Jim Thomlinson[_3_] is offline

Default I don't understand classes¡¡¡¡

If I was you I would just blow off the chapter on classes for a while. In VBA
there are not that many projects you will do that will require classes and
they can be a little difficult to get your head around. Get the basics down
first and then when you are feeling comfortable take a crack at classes...

A class is a blueprint for creating objects. Once you have the blue print
you can create as many of those objects as you want. In Excel there is a
sheets class and that class is used to create (instantiate) sheet objects.
The sheets object has properties (descriptions of the object) and methods
(thing the object can do). When you add a sheet you basically instatiate an
object of the sheets class. Since Excel already has workbooks and sheets and
ranges, there is not a whole lot of need for you to create your own classes.
Just use the object Excel supplies for you...

"filo666" wrote:

PD. I will chek your answers at night because Im leaving now, so Thanks in
Advance

"filo666" wrote:

Hi, good morning. I bought a VB for Dummies Book (Muller) and Im stop up in
the chapter about Classes, I dont understand a word about classes, for
example, I see the codes, but when I copy them and I press the F8 Button (to
run it) nothing happens, where I can find some information about what to do
with classes??? (in a For dummies Language)