Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Excel 2003 crashing - turn off autorecover?

I've turned autorecover off - but it appears that there is also an
autorecover associated with the workbook or something - but

it still seems to go into autorecovery mode.

I've turned it off too, by unchecking the "Save AutoRecovery..." box, and
it's stayed off, not saving a recovery workbook, etc. So you're seeing that
a recovery workbook is being saved to the Autorecovery save location despite
the feature being turned off?

I haven't seen much more crashing in Excel 2003 but I have seen the file
shrinking you mentioned when saving in Excel 2000 (I don't use 97). I think
though that that is mostly because the VB project becomes uncompiled. If
you ran the code (in all the modules) I think you'd see the size come back
to a large extent.

One thing I've seen that you haven't mentioned is that macros run slower by
a factor of about 1.6 in 20333 versus 2000.

--
Jim