Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,alt.smokers.pipes,rec.martial-arts,rec.arts.tv,talk.abortion
Chas Chas is offline

Default Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good

"Mark Goldberg" wrote
Maybe, but the occasional boorish poser, or 'sandwich' guy isn't even an
insult. It's just boorish, and a tad lame.
This guy makes me feel bad for the christian folks who have to have this
guy sully their name, and game with his robotics.

Think of him as a guy with long sideburns, funny underwear and a sincere
look on his face. They're as weird as Hassids, or Cruzieros, or the Mormon
guys you see hanging around Temple Square.

It's just so dammed tawdry to spam post the way this duck does, with no
The naysayers then get to blither on, as if to say, 'see, this is what
being a christian does for you.'

I would think that he's very unsophisticated, thinks he just discovered
something and is fulfilling his obligation to his belief.
There are a lot of religions that solicit, others that are exclusionary,
others that are a condition of national origin and they won't let you in at
all.
Nothing offensive about it- just tune them out like you do the Harry
Kirschner people.

I wish he'd show up and make a case- otherwise he's just another used car
salesman, but worse. He doesn't exist- it's just spam and using others
words.

Sure- he considers it like a billboard that says; 'Jesus Saves'.
And he hasn't wasted more than a few dozen electrons to do it, Mark.

I just figured that those who dig on religion, faith might show their
disdain just to let the scoffers know that they too think it's infantile,
and worse. Maybe I'm off base here. I dunno.

It's a particularly Jewish attitude- Jews don't proselytize, so it's not an
social convention they share. Jews are by birth, and distinguish 'piety' by
the rigor of Observance. Christians are by choice, and distinguish piety by
enthusiasm <g

Chas