Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Request for Excel Formula

klt ,

Not sure I still fully understand, but I will have a stab and perhaps my
mis-understanding will enlighten us <g

In all of the cells that you want the date, except A5, put this formula

=MAX($A$1:OFFSET(A15,-1,0))+1

In A5, put the start date.

If you don't want Saturday and Sunday dates, use

=MAX($A$1:OFFSET(A32,-1,0))+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(MAX($A$1:OFFSET(A32,-1,0))),1,1,1
,1,1,3,2)

--

HTH

RP

"klt" wrote in message
Hi Bob,

A5 is the first date. If you can imagine a time sheet, in Row A is days

of
week and under each day of the week or several spaces before next day of
week. Underneath day of week Monday in Row A is the date. These dates

are
the ones I would like to update. It is a 2 week time sheet.

klt

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What is the relationship between the dates? does the first go in A5 or
somewhere else?

--

HTH

RP

"klt" wrote in message
Formula to increment dates (Ex. Monday 4/11/2005) in one column and on
multiple (not consecutive) rows. Ex. A5, A15, A25, A32, A40, A49,

A57,
A68,
A79, and A90.
I don't know if there is a formula that can automatically update the

dates,
but if not, maybe if the user updates the first date, the others can

update
automatically. Is either a possibility or are they impossible? I am

not a
programmer, so if difficult, please explain how it is done.