Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Malinsky[_2_] Michael Malinsky[_2_] is offline

Default Displaying zeros as dashes on a worksheet

You should be able to do this using the Accounting format.

wrote:
I have a spreadsheet where there are several zeros. I would like the
zeros displayed as dashes (-) but would like this to happen without a
VBA function or sub. And, I still need to perform mathematical
operations on the cell value...so while it displays as a dash I would
like it to be recognized as a zero.

Can this be accomplished using the Format features through the
interface? Or am I out of luck and going to have to do this through
VBA?

Thanks for your help,
Eric