Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Keith[_2_] John Keith[_2_] is offline

Default Form Combo Box, Protection?

I have a combo box created from the form

Protecting the sheet disables the form. I can't click the drop down and
select something. The drop down shows... but trying to pick one of the
entries causes the generic read only error.

I have tried adding the link cell to the allowed edit ranges.
I even added the ENTIRE sheet as editable.
Using the Locked check box has no effect either on the error.
I can physically change the link cell and the value in the box will change
to match. but using the form itself wont work...

Whats going on with this?

John