Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Huang [MSFT] Peter Huang [MSFT] is offline

Default Where is documentation for the C# Office XP/2003 Primary Interop Assemblies???

Hi Stefani,

As I said the PIA(Primary Interop Assembly) is just an wrap for the Office
COM Object Modal. Before Office XP, we did not provide PIA officially. When
we wants to access to office(e.g. Office 2000), we just need to add a
reference to Office 2000 COM Object and then the IDE will generate an
Interop Assembly as a .NET wrap for the Office 2000 COM Object. All its
object modal is based on the Office COM object modal which is detailed in
the VBA Helper file.

Usually the idea about how to access to the Office COM Object is same, but
may differ due to different language syntax. So we did not have documents
special for C#,VB,NET, VB and etc.
The help file below is shipped with Office product, I think you may need to
fullly install the Office product and try to find it in the according
directory.
<Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM

NOTE: Office11 means office 2003,
1033 means I install english version office.
So you may need to change according to your detailed scenario to find the
file.

If you still have any concern, please feel free to post here.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support