Anne Troy

Hi, Peter. Just open the workbook and hit File--Save as and save it to a
different name BEFORE you start! Or email it to yourself. This is a quick
way to "create a backup you can't really mess with".
See my extreme Excel tutorial to learn some tips first, if you like.

http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"PeterM" wrote in message
I have 32k lines to sort in various ways. The area in question is almost

at
the end , and I'm scared to sort it. What is the best way to do it.Column

has Audi and Volkswagen in it, I need to separate them by make first.

Then
I think I'm ok. sorting gives me the heebie-jeebies ....... Many thanks in
advance.......Peter