Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fredrik Wahlgren Fredrik Wahlgren is offline

Default Reference Libraries

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You are referring to late binding, which doesn't bind to the application
type library at development/compile time, but makes multiple calls at
runtime.

Essentially, rather than setting a reference to the type library via
ToolsReferences, and then declaring an object of type Outlook.Application
or whatever, you create a generic Object variable and create that object
rather than just New.

You lose access to the application's object model and intellisens when you
do this, but there is another way, what I call Develop Early, Release

Late.
An example is given (using Outlook) at
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.EarlyLate.html

--

Develop Early, Release Late ? That sounds like something I want to
remember. Nice!

/Fredrik