Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mircea Pleteriu Mircea Pleteriu is offline

Default Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

It's turned on (as default).

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Have you got screenupdating turned off?

--

HTH

RP

"Mircea Pleteriu" wrote in message
Thanks. It works.
Second problem. While the message box is displayed, it looks like that

the
surface of Excel is stuck. That is, if I move the message box window the
surface of Excel gets dirty.

Any idea how to solve this?

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
Adding Application.DisplayAlerts = False before invoking the other

instance
may help.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Mircea Pleteriu" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I'm developing a class which for a given filepath has to open the MS

Excel
| and extend the context menu with a new item. When the item is

clicked
all
it
| has to do is to display a message box.
| Everything works fine. But if the message box is not confirmed

(closed
by
| the user) in a few seconds the "Microsoft Office Excel is waiting

for
| another application to complete an OLE action" is fired by Excel.
|
| I want the customer to take his time to read the text and confirm

(or
not)