Nick

This seems to work well except that duplicate entries in column B always
return the first occurrence from column A. Any thoughts and thanks for your
help, it's greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks,
Nick

"RagDyer" wrote:

Try this and copy down 10 rows:
=INDEX($A$1:$A$20,MATCH(LARGE($B$1:$B$20,ROW(A1)), $B$1:$B$20,0))
--
HTH,

RD

"Nick" wrote in message
I have a list (column) of three digit numbers (telephone area codes) that
have an adjacent listing of number of calls associated with each area

code.
Elsewhere on the spreadsheet I use the Large function to determine the top
ten area codes by call volume. My problem is identifying the area code
associated with each of the top ten. Offset would seems to be the answer

but
I don't know how to use the Large function as the reference in the Offset
function.
A B
201 15
202 25