Jim Rech

I'm sure he didn't deliberately create this registry entry however Office is
acting as if that entry is there. I didn't have the entry either but when I
created it and set its value to "No" sure enough I lost auto complete in the
File, Open dialog on Excel 2003.

So I'd definitely check his registry (under Office 11 of course).

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
ahoo.com wrote in message
| -- This was posted in m.p.office.misc on Jan 7 2005 with no replies -
trying
| here as well; hope crosspost doesn't annoy anyone --
|
| -----------------------------
|
| Hi - I have a client with Office 2003 SP1 on WinXP SP2 - a heavy Word user
&
| generally quite tech-savvy.
|
| He says that recently, the default behavior in Word (and, all his Office
| applications) has changed - he used to be able to select File | Open, and
| enter the first letter of a filename, and it would autocomplete/suggest
the
| file name both in-line and in a drop-down list. Now it isn't, and he can't
| think of anything he's done to change this behavior, and would like it
| restored.
|
| I had him test this in Excel 2003 as well & the same results occur -
| although he doesn't really care much about this in anything other than
Word.