Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default newbie questions

Eric,

1) Right-click on the sheet tab, select View code from there, and see if the
code is in the window that pops up

2) Use conditional formatting (all these examples assume you select your
range, and it starts in B1
A: formula of =B1=TODAY(), select patter and choose green
B: formula of =AND(B1<TODAY(),COUNTIF($B$1:B1,B1)=1), shoose the yellow

3) Look at the object browser in the VBE, and look for Microsoft Excel
Objects in VBA help

--

HTH

RP

"Eric" wrote in message
I'm new at excel so bear with me.
I built a sheet and it has a button i attached some vba code to. Now i

cant
get back to that code, the button still works ok but i want to add some
code beyond what is there

First...
How do i get back to the code attached to the button? When i do
tools/macros/vb editor the code isn't there, nor is the routine
listed in either of the procedure drop down boxes.

Next...
I have a text box, can i set up a formula to put the date/time in the

text
box (or with a macro) can it refresh on a timer (say once per minute?)?

Next...
One column in my sheet has date/times in it, i want to color the

background
of the cells in that column based on certain criteria:
A: if the date is the same as today - green
B: any other date besides today but earlier than today and only

the
first instance of that including duplicates - yellow
C: always ignore the time in this field and when doing the
comparison just use the date.

Finally, is there anything resembling a hierarchy of stuff? I mean, some
kind of org chart or list showing the methods, properties, and events
attached to each item on the tree of excel? ie: what methods properties
events etc are part of Worksheet? are part of Cells , Are part of

workbook?
Are part of a textbox? etc etc, with that it should be easy to browse and
figure out what you want to do and at least make an educated guess as to
the syntax to use. Without it your just wild ass guessing and drawing only
from what you already know without any hope of doing something new.
Thanks for your patience,
Eric