Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gi Gi is offline

Default update independent column on pivot table

Hi
I have this one problem that I tried to solve. I don't have advanced
knowledge in excel, so any advise really helpful.

I created a pivot table from another workbook (let's call it workbook1).
This pivot table contains 2 colums. When somebody else update workbook1, I
refreshed my pivot table to reflect those new datas. Now, on the next column
(column 3 and the rest, I have independent column that I put the data in
manually, and also some of them calculation (such as column 2 in pivot table
* column 3 = column 4).
everytime those data got refresh in pivot table, my own data in column 3 and
the rest doesn't get refresh.
For example:
COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4
123 2 3 6
231 3 1 3
COL1 and 2 from pivot table, col 3 = independent column, col4 = col2 * col3
also, col1 needs to be in sequential. So, if I have a new number 150
(that's going to be on row2), it rfresh col 1 and 2, but col3 and 4 still
stays on row1 and 2. what i want that data for 231 shoould follow on the
same row.

I hope my explanation on the problem is not confusing.
all the helps really appreciated.
thx