Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Code to Save HTML table as xls file on click

Is this a HTML page on the internet(or intranet) ? If you have access
to server-side coding it's pretty easy: if not it's going to be pretty
difficult. Code in the browser has no access to the user's file
system and - unless they have dangerous security settings - no
ability to create an Excel file using automation (for example).

I'm not sure this is possible using purely client-side scripting...

Tim.

"Joe Black" wrote in message
Hi Tim,

I am trying to create a click button on the HTML page to perform
this.
This is what I want it to do:

On click of the button, it should open another window with the HTML
table in
excel file format for which I can then do File -- Save -- *.xls

TIA

"Tim Williams" <saxifrax at pacbell dot net wrote in message
Click a button where? In excel? Where is the HTML table?

Tim

"Joe Black" wrote in message

I am trying to save a HTML table to an excel file. However I
want this

happen through code.

If I click a button I should have the table open in an excel
instance.

TIA