Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jack Sheet Jack Sheet is offline

Default Workbook_Open() will not run

Thanks.
I don't think that it is a sticky shift key, because I emailed the workbook
from work to home and it displays the same problem.
At home I am using Office XP Pro 2002 SP2
I think it is the same version at the office.
The other macros work OK, so in principle the security settings permit macro
execution (I get a warning message that it contains macros when I load the
file, and I choose to "enable macros").
Also, I tried putting the code into an Auto_Open() macro in a general module
and that seemed to run OK. It just won't work from Workbook_Open() in the
ThisWorkbook module.

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears
"Paul B" wrote in message
Jack , it could also could be a sticking shift key, that will keep the
startup macro from running
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Paul B" wrote in message
Jack, what version of excel are you using? If 2000 or above check tools
macro security and see if it is set to high or very high
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Jack Sheet" wrote in message
Hi all

After a bit of testing I am satisfied that the macro
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
that resides behind "ThisWorkbook"
is not running at all when the workbook is opened.

Any ideas how I should try to fix this? I tried running Rob Bovey's code
cleaner, and the project compiles ok without any errors.

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears