Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default Open workbook and Excel closes

Managed to open it in Word, following the link via Chip's
site.
Thanks for your help.

Regards.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques that deal with start up errors at:

A couple of guesses.

1. Clean up the windows temp folder. (then test it out)

2. sometimes the file that holds the customized toolbar settings gets

hosed.
close excel
windows start button|Find (or search)
search for *.xlb
rename them to *.xlbOLD
restart excel

if it worked, delete the *.xlbOLD files and rebuild any customized

toolbars.

If it didn't, rename them back to *.xlb---and read Chip's notes

carefully!

Stuart wrote:

Excel 2000, Windows 2000.

Earlier today I created a new workbook, added some data to it,
then saved and closed it.

Since then, every time I try to open the file.... it will open, but the
cursor forms an hourglass, loads of hard disk activity, then Excel
shuts down/closes after 20-30 seconds or so.

Is there anything I could try or check for, please?

Regards

---

Dave Peterson

---