Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
D[_6_] D[_6_] is offline

Default What is this Strange Characet? Find/Replace

ok- pasted it into word and it just moved down a line like I did a hard
return or something. Tried all different fonts and nothing.

I have no idea how to go about doing the VB route- any more hints on doing
that? Man this is getting to be a pain...
Thanks!

"talkswithnumber" wrote in
message ...

There are a couple of ways you could try to figure this out. The square
character shows up when the character's number doesn't have a
corresponding symbol (like a letter) defined in the font. Maybe you
could try a couple of other fonts in your text editor to see if it
changes into something that you can then figure out. Another option is
to run your file through a little vb code that checks what the char
number is at the position that this character appears in your file:

'myString has the text, and the character is at position 10
debug.print asc(mid(myString,10,1))

or something like that....

--
talkswithnumber