Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default Open workbook and Excel closes

Thanks for the suggestions.
Shift key made no difference, so presumably no Open event code.

Macro security now set to high, but Excel still shuts down with no
warnings or messages.

Regards.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Hold down the shift key while opening the workbook. (workbook_Open event
won't run)

or

Set you macro protection so you a prompted if you want to disable macros.

Tom Ogilvy

"Stuart" wrote in message
Thanks for the help, but Control+Break doesn't seem to work.

I think there must be code in that book (somehow of my making).

What about code that would remove any modules (including code
in that book's ThisWorkbook module?

But then to achieve that, wouldn't the workbook have to open?

Regards.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi Stuart,

One thing you can try is hitting CTRL + PauseBreak button at the same

time.

Do you have any Macros (VBA code) in any module ?

By hitting the CTRL + PauseBreak buttons it can break any code that

might
be
running then will display a MsgBox to End or Debug, Select END.

Maybe you could have a Macro Virus.

It's worth a try.

Jeff

"Stuart" wrote:

Excel 2000, Windows 2000.

Earlier today I created a new workbook, added some data to it,
then saved and closed it.

Since then, every time I try to open the file.... it will open, but

the
cursor forms an hourglass, loads of hard disk activity, then Excel
shuts down/closes after 20-30 seconds or so.

Is there anything I could try or check for, please?

Regards

---

---

---