Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I create a custom add-in

I would have thought that if you want total columns, you don't have to do it
manually, just use a SUM formula. It will calculate instantaneously then.

--

HTH

RP

"cdb" wrote in message
Bob,

I haven't actually written the code yet. I just wondered if what I wanted

do was possible.

I was after something that would cycle through in the background and every
hour would calculate the amount of work done (by totalling columns) as a

log
instead of taking time out and doing it manually. Someone told me creating

an
add-in to run in the background would be best but didn't know how!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It depends on the code. Post the code that is a problem.

It will always load once installed, until uninstalled.

--

HTH

RP

"cdb" wrote in message
How do I change some code I have into an add-in so that it will run

whenever
Excel is open?
Also will it auto install or will I need to select it each time?