kevhatch

Thx Max,
That works great with a 28 handicap. Is there a way it can be made to work
if the h/cap were variable, as they can change for each player from time to
time?

Players handicap of:
1 to 18 allowed 1stroke only on stroke index holes corresponding to their
h/cap.
i.e. player h/cap of 3 allowed one stroke on holes of s/index 1 - 3 etc.

Players handicap of:
19 to 28 allowed 1 stroke on all 18 holes, in addition to 1 extra stroke on
each of the hardest holes corresponding to their h/cap.
i.e. player h/cap of 22 allowed one stroke for each hole plus one extra
stroke on holes of s/index 1 - 4 etc.
Thx again

"Max" wrote:

One play ..

Put in D6:
=IF(C6="",0,IF(C$4<$B6-18,C6-2,C6-1))

Put in E6:
=IF(D6=0,0,IF(OR(C$3-D6<-1,C$3-D63),0,VLOOKUP(C$3-D6,{-1,1;0,2;1,3;2,4;3,5}
,2)))

Select D6:E6 and copy / paste to G6:H6, J6:K6, M6:N6, P6:Q6, S6:T6, V6:W6,
Y6:Z6, AB6:AC6

Then just select D6:AD6 and fill down as many rows as required (but erase
all the dummy scores in row 6 first)

Sample file with the implemented construct available at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/8674458
File: GolfScoreCard_kevhatch_newusers_1.xls
--
Rgds
Max
"kevhatch" wrote in message
Is there a formula for this?
Stableford Golf Scores.
To work out a players total points based on their handicap.

Each hole is handicapped (Stroke Index 1-18). The players handicap
indicates the hole upon which he can deduct a stroke,
ie. Players handicap is -4, he deducts a stroke on each of the first four
handicapped holes.
If his handicap is -28, he deducts a stroke on each hole, 1-18 and an
additional stroke on holes handicapped 1 thru 10. (His handicap minus 18).
Players handicaps run from -0 to -28.

Points are scored as follows:
1 over par= 1pt
par= 2pt
1 under par= 3pt
2 under par= 4pt
3 under par= 5pt

I have started one based on a 28 handicap which I think is correct, and
posted it he

http://www.flypicture.com?display=updone&id=qtr1m6U=

Is there a way it can be worked with variable Stroke Indexes (for

different
courses) and handicaps (different players)?
Sounds impossible to me but I'm sure you guys can figure it out.
Thx

---
That link isn't working, try this one:
http://www.flypicture.com?display=updone&id=qtr0k6g=