Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Looking for Lotus 123 menu equivalents

Your correct (i'm switching versions too often)

in excel XP:
/Tools/Options
tab Transition

Settings -----------------------------------
Microsoft Excel menu or Help key : = /
o Microsoft Excel menus
X Lotus 123 help

V Transition Navigation Keys
Sheet Options ------------------------------
etc

In Excel2003: the settings controls have been removed.

I tried Programmatically:
application.TransitionMenuKeyAction=xllotushelp
application.TransitionMenuKey="/"

executes without error, but no change on the UI
and no reaction on the keypress.

ouch..
I'll try and see if i can find or create
a map of the menu's

--
keepITcool

Dave wrote in message
:

Don,

I don't see it in my my version Excel 2003. Could it be I haven't
installed this feature?

Dave

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I just checked xl97, xl97 & xl2002 and it's there for all
toolsoptionstransition

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dave" wrote in message
I tried setting this up but don't have a lotus help option checkbox?
Should that be in the option/tools/transition dialog?

Dave

"keepITcool" wrote in message

I realise this wont give you a full map
of 123 menustructure but might put you on the road..

even in Excel2003 it's still there.

options/tools/transition
set the / as menu key
select the lotus 123 help option
check Transition navigation keys

now manually type a / in a cell
a dialog with interactive menuing should pop up.

--
keepITcool

www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam

Dave wrote in message
:

I've just been given the task of converting a very old Lotus 123
spreadsheet, with LOADS of macros, to MS Excel 2003. I don't
really have a problem with the VBA programming, but can't find a
listing of the old lotus menu structure for use in interpreting
the macros.

As an example, one cell of a multi-cell keyboard macro contains
{GOTO}G3~/RFP~G3.G108~{GOTO}A3~/RFF~C13.C109~{GOTO}Y3~/RFF~Y3.Y109
~. Although the {GOTO}G3~ seems fairly straight forward,
/RFP~G3.G108~ does not.

Does anyone know of a listing of the '/' menu commands so that I
can begin to decipher what these macros do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave