Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default personal.xls doesn't open when double-clicking on Excel file

Put the file in the XLStart folder, typically C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart .

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tom" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I want to make my macro accessible no matter what Excel file is
open,
so I put it in the personal.xls file. That works fine if I open
Excel
(double-clicking desktop icon, program files menu, etc.) then
File|Open the Excel documents. But if I double-click on an
Excel file
to open it, personal.xls doesn't load and the macro isn't
available.

Is that how it's supposed to work? Regardless, is there a way
to make
personal.xls load in all cases that Excel is used? The macro is
meant
for non-computer savvy people, so telling them to manually open
personal.xls is not an option.

Tom