Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim[_39_] Tim[_39_] is offline

Default Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else

.... and then use Tools Options un-check row & column headings if you
want to remove

A B C D E
1
2
3

from the page (migth cause you trouble navigating your sheet though).

Regards,

Tim

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
It isn't possible. The best you could do is use row1 to simulate column
headings.

Tom Ogilvy

"Steve" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the column heading names in a
macro ?

For example, I would like to rename column A to "Date" and
column B to "Surname"

If it is possible, would you please show me how to do it
and confirm whether or not this renaming might prove
problematic if I have to specify cell ranges within my
macro. i.e. if I refer to cell A will I have to refer to
it as "Date" from now on ?

Thank you in advance.

Steve