Bob Phillips

I still think my previous answer applies :-)

For example, consider this data
A1:1
A2:2
A3:3
A4:abc
A5:5

=AVERAGE(A1:A5) gives 2.75, not 2.2

--

HTH

RP

"Brad Hubeny" wrote in message
Thank you Bob. Perhaps I should have been more clear, though.

I am looking to compute multiple averages of data that are spaced between
the text cells. For example, if I have 25 text cells randomly spaced in

the
column, I am looking to compute the average of each of the 26 separated
numeric ranges. I know how to use the average function to do this for

each
individual chunk, but would like to learn how to have excel recognize the
text cells and average the numbers between them.

Thanks again!
Brad Hubeny

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=AVERAGE(A1:M1)

average ignores the text cells

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brad Hubeny" <Brad wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a column of numerical data in which there are randomly spaced

text
boxes (ie different spacing between text entries). I am looking for a

way
average cells between the text boxes. I can do this individually by
selecting cell ranges, however I am interested to know if anyone has a

way
do this automatically (or at least more quickly!). Any thoughts would

be
appreciated!
Thanks,
Brad Hubeny