Biff

Hi!

I think this is what you're looking for:

INDIRECT("data"&WEEKDAY(TODAY()))

So that:

=SUM(INDIRECT("data"&WEEKDAY(TODAY())))

would Sum the named range Data4

However, if Data4 is a DYNAMIC range this will not work.

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it possible to use a formula to create a reference to a variable
named range? For example, I want a given cell to refer to a named
range. However, the specific named range it would reference is
dependent on today's date. I have named ranges for each weekday, i.e.
Data2, Data3, Data4, Data5, Data6.

In the cell which will reference these ranges, I want to create the
reference to the range as "Data"+ WEEKDAY(TODAY()). I can't find any
docs to describe how to accomplish this.

TIA,
Rose