Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick Nick is offline

Default How to check "Always trust macros from this published" when securityis set to high?

Hi,

I got your point.

But is there any fast method for deploying these "trusted cert" on other
computers?

Thanks!

Nick

Gord Dibben wrote:

Nick

Self-certs are for use on one computer only. See Help on Certificates.

If you make it a "trusted certificate" through MMC and export the *.cer file
to the other computer, you will be able to use it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:29:01 GMT, "JK" wrote:

Nick,
Please tell me how you created your cert. Up to now I've been paying
Verisign a healthy sum to do it.

Regarding your issue, I don't know. Perhaps if you teach me how to create
the cert, we can solve the problem together.

Regards,
Jim Kobzeff

"Nick" wrote in message

I have created a custom cert in Office 2003 and attached it to VBA code.

On the computer (Office 2003) which create this cert, when excel security
is set to high, I was able to check "Always trust macros from this
published" and thus enable the macro.

Then I copy the same file to another computer, the security is also set
the high, but this time the "Always trust macros from this published" is
not checked. (grey out). How to check this box?

Thanks
Nick