Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dianne Butterworth[_2_] Dianne Butterworth[_2_] is offline

Default Creating an installation file

Paul,

This is what my [Files] section looks like:

Source: C:\Documents and Settings\dbutterworth\My
Documents\Excel\JobLogs\JobLogManager v4.4.xls; DestDir: {app}; Flags:
confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\PMApprover.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
ignoreversion confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\JL4Manager.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
ignoreversion confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\VendorList.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\dbutterworth\My
Documents\Excel\JobLogs\Mscomct2.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: restartreplace
sharedfile regserver

I have a different setup file for computers running OfficeXP, since the
Library is found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library
instead.

What I'd eventually like to do is to read/write to the Registry so that I
don't need to hard code destination folders (hard coding - ick). Or at least
figure out a better way to find and reference the XLA files if the user
installs them somewhere odd.

--
HTH,
Dianne Butterworth

Paul Lautman wrote:
Yep, I've seen that, but it doesn't include things like building in
the stuff to install the addin.

"Dianne Butterworth" wrote in message
The latest version of InnoSetup comes with ISTools, which has a
wizard to walk you through the creation of your ISS.

--
Dianne Butterworth

Paul Lautman wrote:
I'd sure like to see your resultant ISS file so that I could figure
out howo do this!

Could you send it to me?

"Silas Mercer " wrote
in message ...
Thanks!!!

That worked. I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

-Silas

---