Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Christine[_6_] Christine[_6_] is offline

Default Auto New macros?

Excel Help says "Automatic macros, such as Auto_Open, are
designed to run when you start Excel. For more information
about these macros, see Microsoft Visual Basic Help."

When I look in VB Help, however, I can't find any
reference to automatic macros.

What I need is the code for a macro to run automatically
whenever a user creates a new workbook based on my
template. The template is protected so the user can only
enter data in specific cells.

I presently have the following macro:

Sub Auto_New()

With ActiveWindow
.DisplayHeadings = False
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False
End With
End Sub

The macro will not run unless you specifically select
Tools, Macro, Run... etc., which obviously defeats the
point!

Can someone give me a really quick response?

Cheers,
Christine