Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
claytorm[_10_] claytorm[_10_] is offline

Default How can I use web query with a password protected page?

Hi,

I still haven't managed to solve this one, I would be delighted to hea
any further suggestions.

To summarise the problem: I want to get tables of data from known URLs
but am prevented by a username and password prompt. I have a usernam
and password.

The URL is: http://tinyurl.com/49yes

I have attached the source code, which might be necessary if anyone ca
figure out what I need to add to the .iqy file.

This is the bit I think is important:

class="tabledataright"<input tabIndex="2" class="inputtabledata
name="password" style="width: 150px" type="password"</td<t
class="tableblank"<input type="button" name="passwordhint
value="Request Password Hint" onclick="getPasswordHint()
class="submittableblank"</td

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Berti