Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Igor Sudnik Igor Sudnik is offline

Default Cell color change on mouse over

Yes, that's right but it's going to be a text hyperlink (or picture) and I
wanted the cell containing a text hyperlink to change color when mouse is
over it. I think I want too much.
"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
why not insert a hyperlink (Insert - Hyperlink)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Igor Sudnik" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Well, it's not really important but this worksheet is going to have

links to
many other pages in a workbook. So I thought it would be nice to make

them
work like a hoover button on a web page.Seems like I have to give it

up.
Many Thanks.
Igor Sudnik.
"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Sorry
should read API calls (Application Programming Interface). That is

you
probably have to access directly the Windows API function calls,

get
the mouse position from them and then (probably relatively complex)
calculate the cell position under the mouse cursor (taking screen
resultion, zoom factor, etc. into account9

So IMHO not something i would do. Maybe you can explain WHY you're
trying to do this.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Igor Sudnik" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Thanks Frank. But what is PI calls9. I'm a newbee.
"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
this would be very difficult (maybe using aPI calls9. Problem

is
there's no mouse_over event on worksheet level

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Igor Sudnik" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is there any way to make a cell containing link to change

color
on
mouse
over?