Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell color change on mouse over

Is there any way to make a cell containing link to change color on mouse
over?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
this would be very difficult (maybe using aPI calls9. Problem is
there's no mouse_over event on worksheet level

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Igor Sudnik" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is there any way to make a cell containing link to change color on

mouse
over?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry
should read API calls (Application Programming Interface). That is you
probably have to access directly the Windows API function calls, get
the mouse position from them and then (probably relatively complex)
calculate the cell position under the mouse cursor (taking screen
resultion, zoom factor, etc. into account9

So IMHO not something i would do. Maybe you can explain WHY you're
trying to do this.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Igor Sudnik" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Thanks Frank. But what is PI calls9. I'm a newbee.
"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
this would be very difficult (maybe using aPI calls9. Problem is
there's no mouse_over event on worksheet level

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Igor Sudnik" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is there any way to make a cell containing link to change color

on
mouse
over?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, it's not really important but this worksheet is going to have links to
many other pages in a workbook. So I thought it would be nice to make them
work like a hoover button on a web page.Seems like I have to give it up.
Many Thanks.
Igor Sudnik.
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, that's right but it's going to be a text hyperlink (or picture) and I
wanted the cell containing a text hyperlink to change color when mouse is
over it. I think I want too much.
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Igor,
On a web page, I'm more familiar with the tooltip (title=) as seen at the
top of my search.htm webpage than with "cheap effects".

In Excel the tool tip is called a Screen Tip and you can override
the link that would normally be shown by choosing ScreenTip in the
upper right corner of the Edit Hyperlink dialog (Ctrl+K). Not available
form the HYPERLINK Worksheet Function.
---
HTH,

"Igor Sudnik" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry didn't notice the two additional postings. Unfortunately
the screen tip, I think, is only available from a hyperlink.
You can get a similar effect from a validation, but you have
to actually click on the cell for edit.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might see if floatwnd.zip would work for you
looks like it would be a lot of bother but it is an API call.
http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your help guys.
"David McRitchie" wrote in message
You might see if floatwnd.zip would work for you
looks like it would be a lot of bother but it is an API call.
http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Igor, it may not be exactly what you want, but it may be of
some use... (in the workbook....)

Option Explicit
Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal
Target As Excel.Range)
Static OldCell As Range

If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then
OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
End If
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

Set OldCell = Target

End Sub