Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default How can I use web query with a password protected page?

"claytorm " wrote in message
I couldn't get this to work - most likely because of my lack of
knowledge about VBA. In which exact part of this should I enter my user
name and password?

WEB
1
http://mywebsite.com/eQA_dev/eqapro.nsf/HSGCASTally?
OpenView&UserName=["User Name","Enter your user name."]
&Password=["Password", "Enter your password."]

Bertie. You can enter your username and password in place of the bracketed
items. Or you can leave the bracketed items and it should prompt you for
the username and password. If you are prompted, you will have the
opportunity to save what you type for future refreshes. This really doesn't
have anything to do with VBA, it's an iqy file.

I also read somewhere (I can't find the link now) that it might be
possible to alter the URL in the format:

I've heard that too. I've also heard that some recent versions of IE don't
allow that anymore.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel