Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default How can I use web query with a password protected page?

Bertie

Try the technique posted by Neil here

http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...40tkmsftngxa05

It has worked sporadically for me.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"claytorm " wrote in message
Hi

First, thanks to Jake Marx for helping with my previous web query
problem.

I want to retrieve some financial data from a site which I subscribe
to. As this is password protected, if I simply place the URL of the
data in the query, the query loads the password prompt page.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Is it possible to write
some sort of script which would fill my password in automatically, then
retrieve the required data? Any hints, however general, would be most
welcome.

Bertie.

---