Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Excel if & hyperlink formula

Hi
then see David's response for some VBA code

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
It is a hyperlink to a word document within the same drive and
actually the same folder as well.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
whyt value is exactly in cell A1

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
Thanks Frank. It worked, however, its isn't finding appropriate
file. "Cannot open specified file." So I will have to keep at it.
Thanks again

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
maybe try something like
=IF(K2=1,HYPERLINK(A1),"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LLee wrote:
Hello.

I have a formula that I need to cross reference an if statement
and if it is true, pull forward the hyperlink that is in the

appropriate
cell. I can get it to pull the actual text, but I have not found
out a way to get it to pull forward the active hyperlink. Here's
what I have:

=if(K2=1,A2,false)

Columns K - . . . are various sorted departments and designate

if
that particular policy is applicable for that department. We

want
to create a customized Table of contents for our Policy Manual
based on if the policy applies to that department. The

hyperlinks
are word documents on our public drives accessible by everyone.
If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!