Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dyowell dyowell is offline

Default Looking up information

I have two small spreadsheets. One is a spreadsheet that
I use to produc quotes. The other is a spreadsheet that
has a list of customers. I would like to enter the
customers account number on the quote and have all of the
rest of the information (name, address, city, state, etc.)
entered automatically. I have looked at the vlookup
function but I don't seem to be doing it right. Could
someone please let me know if this the the right function
to use and how to use it correctly. Thanks.