Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Numbering of Charts

It should work to goto the name box highlight change name.
Probably because you are trying to change name of chart 1 to chart 2 when
there is already a chart 2. So, try changing to aaa bbb and then chart 1 and
chart 2

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Robin Clay" wrote in message
Greetings !

I have managed to corrupt a file, i.e. it kept crashing
Excel, so I have copied every sheet into a new WorkBook.
I have also copied all the VBA procedures into the correct
places, so I now have a new workbook "just like the old
one", but without (I hope!) the ciorruption.

Alas !

One one sheet, I have two Charts, numbered (by Excel) as
Chart1 and Chart 2

During the transfer process, these two charts have been
switched round, so the VBA now refers to the wrong charts !

How can I swap the names round again ?

When I hold Ctrl and click on a chart, the name of that
chart appears in a box on the left of the toolbar - but
changing the name appears to have no effect !

Help !

Regards

Robin

RClay AT haswell DOT com