Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Col Col is offline

Default Filesearch in VB6

Thanks Rob, that explains how to go about it (thru References). I had
tried adding Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library - which is the one I
have listed - and it didnt help. At least I know I was on the right
track.

Only thing I can't understand is how I made it work before. Maybe I
somehow had installed the mso10 library and lost it when I re-installed
everything under XP.

As I only use my PC for home projects, I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade
from VB6/Office2000 if thats what I need to do.

I have found an alternative and very easy solution that seems to solve
the immediate problem - I only wanted to use Filesearch to filter files
returned as *.jpg or *.bmp. The solution was to add a filelistbox
control, which only needed one line of code to set the path to the
folder - the filter can be added at design time.

If anyone out there can tell me how/whether I can install Microsoft
Office 10.0 Object Library legally without buying an upgrade, I'll be
pleased to hear about it.

Col