Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark1ace1 Mark1ace1 is offline

Default Excel VBA problem

Being new to Excel and only just getting around formula's, I would hav
no idea about how to write a simple VBA program. I was told the bes
place to go would be this excellent forum (Hint!!!!)...My problem i
this..

I have a DVD database with three worksheets. First one is calle
Movies, 2nd Customer Info and third customers.

Basically in Movies, I have name of movie and Ratings etc with cus
name. For instance Rating is in G9:G64), Customer name in J9:J64..No
what I want to do is if a customer tries to rent a movie and it is R1
or R15 depending on Age..The vba would check sheet3/customers for thei
age and date of birth and if that DOB is under 18 a message woul
display that person is under age and not allowed to rent movi
parse...I have tried Data Validation but that only brings up messag
when something is inputted into a cell, for instance I tried to creat
a cell which linked to DOB and if it brought back under 18 it woul
show message but Data validation never worked...Hope this message i
not too long...:(

Mar