Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing data

HJ,

Ask the JDEdwards people how to export data to a CSV file, a .TXT file, or a
..PRN file. Excel will open any of those once they exist, so it's simply a
matter of getting the data out of JDE first.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"HJ" wrote in message
Bear with me here, I am not a technical person, I have a finance

background so this is all new to me!

My company will be going through a JDEdwards ERP implementation and I have

been asked if it is possible to import data from JDE to Excel (in order to
create pivot tables for data analysis). My first query would be on the
general ledger. It sounds like I would be able to do some type of download
or import but like I mentioned, this is all way over my head.

I was wondering is anyone could give me some general background on how

this works and if you had any tips on how I could further educate myself on
the subject and technical lingo.

Thanks much for your help.

HJ