Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel help request

Look in help at Data=Validation. you should be able to work up formulas
that do what you describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mark" wrote in message
Good morning.

I'm trying to obtain some help on what I'm hoping is a rather easy issue.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have Excel read the value in one

column and depending what that value is only allow input in one of the next
2 columns (there will then be more columns after that that need full access
to, but the 3 columns are what I'm concentrating on).

The value in "Column A" could be any number of different numbers. As a

small example, I'll make a basic diagram of only these 3 columns:

Code Credit Debit
06 xx.xx
21 xx.xx
34 xx.xx
95 xx.xx

The codes would obviously all be something I imagine I have to put into

the scripting to make it know where to let the user make the corresponding
input in either column 2 or 3.

Any help to get started on a solution would be very much appreciated. As

it is we have a LOT of people who still can't grasp that a certain code
should be for Credit yet they put it in the Debit column (and vice versa).
Worst of all they use the same code multiple times in their work and have
the $$ amount in different columns in the same file!! ugh.