Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anne Troy[_3_] Anne Troy[_3_] is offline

Default Windows 98 desktop icons disappearing

Before you go looking at Excel to be at fault, clean up your hard drive so
you know it's not Windows: www.theofficeexperts.com/cleanyourpc.htm
<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-
Hope this helps!
Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com
<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-
"kempton" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I've programmed Excel 2000 using Visual Basic 6 (VBA), and one of my

functions
print some worksheets to a file. I used the Range.PrintOut method with

parameter
"PrintToFile:=True".

The problem I have is that whenever Excel prints some pages to file (it

will do so
successfully), my windows desktop icons all disappear. The task bar is

there and it works
fine. Right-clicking on the Desktop brings up the usual menu options, but

there are no icons.
For example, if I then right-click the desktop and choose to New-Folder,

the folder is created
(by using Windows Explorer to check) but it's icon doesn't applear on the

desktop.

I am using Windows 98 SE. I've searched Google thoroughly and to no avail.

Any help
would be appreciated.